Food & Drink
We pride ourselves in serving great food and complimentary beverages. We are fortunate enough to have access to local produce of the best quality from both sea and land. Our head chef works hard to ensure that the produce is handled with respect for tradition and does so with gusto and refined twists. Success is measured in achieving this humbly and with finesse.
Our Food Philosophy
Bjørenfjorden Gjestetun participates in a rich network of local suppliers. These all share in the same food philosophy promoting better products in a voyage towards a sustainable future. Our staff pass the summer months gathering fruits and herbs from our garden, creating jams and sauces for our guests pleasure. A smattering of our locally grown and produced items:
- Homemade spiced bacon
- Traditional and homemade “pinnekjøtt” (a local delicacy)
- Lamb meat: hung in our facilities to mature and provided by the neighboring farm.
- Ecological strawberries from Siren Tømmerbakke in the neighborhood
- Drained yogurt from the cheese farm in Fana, Bergen
- Fish from Bergen
- Local Jerusalem artichokes (they are even dug out by horse and carriage).
- 7-Fjell Beer from Bergen’s own microbrewery
These are only a taste of all the produce available to us.
Thoughts on Good Food and Wine
At Bjørnefjorden Gjestetun we serve great food along with wonderful wines and other beverages. We strive to offer a wide variety of beer, wine, cider and juice. Pairing the content of a glass with that of a plate has the potential to deliver a wonderful experience.
“Drinking good wine with good food in good company is one of life’s most civilized pleasures.”— Michael Broadbent